Friday, January 30, 2009

UGG consensus...

I know this might not be popular with MANY of my readers, (see comments from last post) but I have to agree with Susan from http://susansunnyside.blogspot.com-
To me, UGGS are glorified slippers! 
There, I said it!

I know they're comfy, but there is no support, my feet ache if I am standing or walking in them for any length of time. They are NOT pretty, especially when they become stained from wear. They are warm, I'll give you that.

And, I am certain that ten years from now people will look back at pics and say, " How did we ever wear those ugly things?!"

And, I know all of you will say, " But they were sooo comfortable!"

9 comments:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

I agree with everything you are saying. The worst part of it is they are not really boots. We are always spraying them with a waterproof coating because if not, they look horrible after a few times in the snow. My girls wear them and love them and so I have spent a fortune on these "slippers". When is this trend going away....

Ina in Alaska said...

NO PREPPY THEY ARE FANTASTIC! And those are EXACTLY MY UGGS that you have crossed out! Now you have made them cry, down there in their cherished space in my entryway closet.....Still your friend, nonetheless.... :)

preppyplayer said...

I SO agree PPPG
Ina, thanks for being my friend, even if we don't agree on this important issue :0

Tami said...

I'm on 5'2" so I need something with a heel. :)
Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Who give a rats #%@&* As long as they are warm. They are cute in my eyes. I also think they are warm. I wish I had a pair in every color. Whatever is functionable.

Unknown said...

P.S. You and Ina are still my new best friends!!!!
XOXO

Reenie said...

I always consider my Uggs my "winter flip flops" which is just a step up from glorified slippers. They can come on and off easily, and go well with every day wear. I wear them almost exclusively with jeans and for going around from class to class because they keep my feet toasty.

But they definitely are not up there on my favorite shoe list by any means.

Anonymous said...

UGGS will never go away in Cape May. I moved here 11 years ago from western PA and everyone here was wearing them then, before all the celebs. Rainbow flip flops till October, then Uggs through April!! Then back again. I can't believe I spend $50 on a pair of flip flops!

Somer Love said...

Looks like Ill need to post a pic with me in my sassy new black snake skin Uggs! Then you may change your mind ;)

O yeah and I have flat feet so they are perfect!