Friday, January 30, 2009

Thursday/Friday Blogger Profile


OK, I'm a day late- but here it is, BLOGGER PROFILE!

the Frau
of
I have known the Frau since, well...since she was born. 
This is because she is my sister!

The Frau and her family moved to Germany this past summer and will be there at least two years due to her husband's job. Even though she moved a lot, (I think she went to four highschools growing up), this was a tough move. It was very stressful as her husband went to Germany a few months earlier and the Frau was left to pack up, settle things and navigate the move- oh and calm down an upset teenager who was leaving all her friends and relatives!

Once they arrived in Germany the stress level increased, if that is possible! Apparently, you don't want to move to Europe in August as everyone is "on holiday" or on strike.  She couldn't get service people to her home, there was no electricity for days, her cellphone wasn't correct, and no internet access!

Her emails, ( from her husband's work) and her phonecalls ( from her husband's cell)  were actually hysterical! I'm sure it wasn't funny to her, but her misadventures and calamities in Germany kept us all amused.

 I have saved some of the emails and if she needs material for a post- I think she should write about some of the "incidents."  Such as her daughter almost recieving a traffic ticket-on her bike!
or
When there was no electricity and a note was left to explain-but it was in German. Normally she would go to the computer to translate- but there was NO ELECTRICITY!!

I think this whole experience has been tough for her, but very empowering. I think it has brought them closer as a family as they must rely on each other so much. We do miss them and look forward to visiting this summer.

In the meantime, I have really enjoyed reading her blog and having her tell of her latest adventure or mishap. I reccomend her blog, (and not just because she is my sis and I love her so much) and I think you will have a lot of laughs and get to know a wonderful person.
Check it out!

8 comments:

Tami said...

I love Kathy's blog. We have become fast friends. You are right... some things are amusing (even though at the time Kathy doesn't think so). :)
Have a great weekend!

Ina in Alaska said...

I love the Frau! Her posts are very funny and she manages to express her frustrations with humor. What a growth experience for the West family. And they even hauled their dog to Germany. Does Katelyn have a blog?? Would be fun to have her perspective as well. xoxo

Formerly known as Frau said...

Thanks Patty for the profile I think I was so tramatized from the early days here I've blocked them from my memory CRS you know!

Joyce said...

What a beautiful profile! I feel the sister love.
I ENJOY reading Frau's blog and her wonderful comments she leaves on mine.
I'm sure the struggles can be nerving (is this a word?). I agree with you, it would be fun to post about them and find the humor in a difficult moment. Just like wrinkles you can't stop them so enjoy them. Frowning will only add more.
Have a golden weekend! xoxo

preppyplayer said...

Thanks people and excuse the nepotism!

Kim said...

I keep trying to add her to my blogroll, but for some reason it won't work and comes up that there's no URL.

Leciawp said...

I'm so glad to read her profile - I love your sister. I didn't know the background of her move or all she's been through. Happy weekend!

Somer Love said...

Love Kaths blog!