Monday, January 12, 2009

Thank God for Paddle!


I am so thankful for paddle. If not for this outdoor sport, I don't think I would get any exercise!

 I love to walk, but the snow and ice makes that difficult. I could go to a mall and walk in there, but I am really trying to avoid malls for a month or two.

I love yoga, but I really don't feel like spending the money right now. ( I may, if Marc really wants to go.)

We have gym equipment and a treadmill downstairs- lonely and boring.

At least with paddle I am outdoors for at least two hours four days a week, sometimes six days. It is fun, competitive, and social. There is always room for improvement.

Today I have team practice. Tuesday we have a State match. Wednesday we have an interclub match, and Thursday we have a team practice. Friday night we have mixed doubles. I love the game and the people I play with. What is really cool is I see and know people in their late seventies still playing.
I have some time!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

OK I know I'm going to sound green here. What is paddle? Is it like racketball? Oh dear I use to play this years ago and what a potty mouth I picked up! Paddle sounds fun!

preppyplayer said...

Paddle is Platform tennis, a game mostly played in the Northeast in the winter, outdoors. It is like tennis but on a smaller court and it is like racquetball in that you can use the walls to play off.

preppyplayer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ina in Alaska said...

check out Icebugs for snowy, icy terrain. They work great!