Monday, January 5, 2009

Out takes of the non-existent christmas card!








Friends and family, I think you can now see why there wasn't a Christmas card this year...
Not one pic where all five kids were semi-normal. 

As it was this photo shoot took place after Christmas due to my oldest being in NYC until Christmas eve and that nobody would cooperate Christmas day. Finally on the 27th, in the late afternoon, there was an amazing sunset and I begged and threatened to get them all outside for a photo shoot. Well as usual our photo saboteur was present and then everyone took a turn being annoying. next year- we get a professional... on Thanksgiving!
  

7 comments:

OHN said...

I am SO glad that I am not the only one that cannot get my children to all be normal at one time! I end up yelling at them or threatening them and it gets even worse from then on. We got ONE photo on Christmas but it doesn't really count because we were there along with an elderly aunt....would it be tacky to photoshop her out? ;)

Kim said...

I always take ours at Thanksgiving. Otherwise it would never happen. However, it always seems weird to send a Christmas photo with piles and piles of golden leaves in the background, but that's what you get when you live in the South at Thanksgiving. And Christmas. So I guess it really doesn't matter.

Here's a tip (if you can get them to stand still) that I figured out when they started getting taller than me....I stand on a short step ladder so I'm above them. The girls have a "thing" about having a phantom double chin because of my bad photography skills.

Unknown said...

Hi! At least you tried! They all look great! What a sunset! So pretty! Mary

Formerly known as Frau said...

love it too funny! They all look annoyed with you at different pictures.Classic!

Joyce said...

You have beauiful children! I love how some of their personalities came through on some of the shots.
Enjoy... Hugs...

Leciawp said...

Although we like to take pictures, we've always hired someone to do a family shoot in October in anticipation of Christmas cards. We have yet to get one of all of us that we like! This year we gave up - skipped the professional and just went with a shot of the kids.

preppyplayer said...

OHN, my business partner actually photoshopped IN her husband! LOL
MOTR, I am definitely going to use a step ladder in the future.
Thanks for reading Mary, Frau, Lecia, and Joyce.