Monday, March 2, 2009

Lafayette women's lacrosse vs. Columbia University

Bummer. After an amazing first half, Lafayette went on to lose to Columbia. Michaela had a goal and an assist. She thought she could have done more and plans on it next game.
 Positive thinking.
Here is the game info :  Lafayette vs. Columbia
On another, happier note- we had a great tailgate as usual. Even the photo saboteur showed up.
Annoyingly so.
The girls always join us after their coach has spoken to them and they have been to the locker rooms to shower/change. They  usually go right to their families for encouragement, commiseration, and hugs- then on to the FOOD!

For some reason, at this VERY cold tailgate we had a ton of dessert and no one was complaining!
Marc is always looking for healthy choices, but lets it go at the tailgates.

These brave men grilled us amazing hamburger, hot dogs and steaks all outside our tent. It was so cold!
Next game?
Manhattan College on Wednesday and then Navy on Saturday.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This looks like fun!!! I'm sorry they lost, but it looks like they celebrated the moment and that is what counts.

Oh preppy you when I visit your corner here it makes me feel I need to get on the treadmill more often!!!

Have a golden day my friend! xoxo

Unknown said...

That looks like such fun. The many desserts are better for the psyche after a loss anyway.
I love lacrosse. My boys played it a little when they were younger but had to choose between it and hockey. My daughter was going to play but at the time she didn't like the fact that girls was a bit "tamer" than the boys. I think she should have gone ahead and played because it seemed a bit more brutal and to her liking once she hit high school. She always says that's a big regret for her.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a blast despite the loss! And you are so funny, "The Photo Saboyeur." that cracks us up!

Grins & Giggles for your week ahead,
tp

Ina in Alaska said...

Brrrrr!!!!

Ronda said...

Even with the loss----it still looks fun. Just being with the family is a win win! The food looked good, as did the company. You are funny!
XOXO

Caffeine Court said...

Sorry to hear Lafayette lost! I think I mentioned this before, but in case I didn't, that's my husband's Alma Mater.