Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There's no frizz in the desert!


So, Palm desert/Palm Springs is amazing.
I know this because I have curly hair.
There is no such thing as frizz in the desert...
and that's a good thing.

I didn't make a ton of money but broke even, learned a lot, had some fun, worked my arse off, was able to be in 75 degree weather for four days ( a nice break from our frigid weather) and meet lots of great people/make new contacts.

As usual, when I don't make pots of money it is actually better for my business.
Why you ask?
Because then I feel compelled to hustle, look for new gigs, make contacts, and ultimately make more $$$,
When I have a great event/ sale I tend to rest on my laurels for awhile. I take it easy.
So, no rest for the weary.
Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Ronda said...

Welcome Home! Glad you had a nice time. I bet the weather was wonderful! I wish it was a no-frizz zone around here.
Don't worry about not making a killing in sales. Like you said, sometimes it is a positive. Hope your getting settled from your trip.
XOXO

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Don't you just love a good frizz-free zone? :-) Glad you had a good trip...sounds like it was ultimately good for biz, too.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like a success and good hair! It's been nice talking to M everyday...are you ever home!!
xo

OHN said...

When we were in Palm Springs a few years ago, it was 114 degrees and humid! The locals were ALL talking about how it is NEVER like that..blah, blah, blah. It was miserable and I have never been so happy to have had a car with air conditioning!

Now I know I should have gone in January :)

Ina in Alaska said...

Good for you! I cannot wait to see what you have coming up! Looks like you may reach the 50s, temperature wise, this weekend in NJ!! xoxo

Susan R said...

I love Pal Springs and Palm Desert. My mom used to live there. When I would visit her I could wake up at 7:00 am and jump right into the pool. No heat needed. I also loved that it was the only time I ever got tan. Not an easy thing for a red head with pale skin. They have great tennis too.

Suzy said...

I had a friend in NY that got laid off many years ago. She promptly went out and bought a 7,000 couch. I asked her why she did that and she said, "Because now I HAVE to find another job!"

And she did.