Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mineral basin, Snowbird utah

This is where we wanted to be. The back of Snowbird,
Mineral Basin.
When the sun is out it is the best place to be.
Lots of black diamond skiing.
Yet, as you can see, there is an easy way down as well.
Be aware that due to the vertical, blues and greens at Snowbird would be considered blacks at other resorts.
This it the way we chose to go.
This is a tunnel with a magic carpet that brings you through the mountain into the wide open bowl of Mineral basin.
it feels like a ride at Disney World!
I think they should have more signs and entertainment along the ride.
It takes about 5 minutes.
and then you're out.
Ready to find some fun!
Believe it or not, as much as there was a blizzard most of our time there, pockets of sun would open up through the clouds. Because you are so high up you could see it snowing across the basin and it would be sunny for a few minutes and not snowing where we were skiing. And then within minutes we would have skied back into where it was snowing!

Try to ski Mineral Basin when you go to Snowbird- It's amazing!

9 comments:

Susan R said...

That looks like so much fun, especially that tube thingy. I'm not an experienced enough skier to do anything serious. The last time I went skiing was on my honeymoon 17 years ago. Suffice it to say, I would be like a toddler again. I did enjoy it though. I love sledding and tubing with my family in the mountains though.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Snowbird is too hard for me except the chickadee run! Great pictures!

The Preppy Princess said...

That is amazing. Almost all of my skiing has been Colorado, but we hear such great things about Utah snow!

Hope your week is a good one!
tp

The Preppy Princess said...

That is amazing. Almost all of my skiing has been Colorado, but we hear such great things about Utah snow!

Hope your week is a good one!
tp

kks said...

wow, that is cool! never seen anything like that! love those back bowls!!!
xo

OHN said...

Thank you so much for sharing these photos! It is a part of the world that most of us will never see :)

Very cool!

Joyce said...

Great photos! Love them. xo

Amanda said...

That ride / ski lift is insane!!! I wanna go!

Juliana said...

What fun pictures!!!!!