Friday, March 26, 2010

preppyplayer was a vendor...


at a nursing convention in Atlantic City, NJ, thanks to my friend
Susan (a favorite blogger too!) She turned me onto the event and
 I decided to try it. She was nice enough to let me stay in her room,
Thanks Susan!

There were 80 vendors at the Tropicana exhibit hall, all except for myself and another jeweler were in the medical field. So it was a very nice situation for me.


I tried to bring items that had a nice price point as I knew that most of my customers would be nurses and nursing students and I knew that they would appreciate it.


Knowing that many were young mothers with little ones I brought items that would make it easy and affordable to bring home little gifties for their little ones!


And, knowing that most were young I also brought jewelry and accessories for nights out. This young lady was sweet enough to allow me to take her picture. I loved how this "Anthropology style" head band looked on her. Her hair cut was perfect for it and she looked so pretty!


This is the one she bought and I imagine that she will look very glamourous on some future Saturday night.
I'm glad Susan turned me on to this event. It was great to hang out with her (she's a good roommate) and I met many very nice people. I did well and would definitely consider it next year.
So that's what I've been up to the last few days. Now I'm ready for the weekend, how about you?

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Wow, what a great set-up! It looks like you did pretty good. You have BEAUTIFUL things and I would love to come shopping sometime! I can't wait until you have your full website is set up. Could be dangerous!
Have a great weekend!
XOXO
P.S. The word verification is fanci!

OHN said...

How great! Good for you too that you were the vendor with the "unique" product! You can only look at so many stethoscopes :)

Somer Love said...

Have a great weekend!

Ina in Alaska said...

How nice!! That was a great venue for you! I am sure you did very well, your wares are fabulous!! xoxoxo

Susan said...

Sharing a room w/ preppyplayer was great fun and seeing some colorful items on the floor was very well received!!! I love seeing your inventory grow and that you keep the classics too!!! And, you have a high standard and work very hard!