Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy post! Happy Birthday!

A sweet sixteen is coming up!
The frau took these photos and was saying that the B&W didn't come out the way she liked, so I started having some fun!
I lightened this up a bit- the middle pic is darker so it was tricky trying to lighten up the middle without washing out the two side pics.
This one I had fun cropping, I like how it looks!
The colorful ones below are to celebrate a colorful, beautiful, and interesting girl that is growing up overseas. She is learning about other cultures, other languages, and ( I hear) how to stick up for herself!
Love her!



7 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

I wish I knew how to do what you did to Katelyn's pix! Fabulous! Almsot Andy Warhol-ish. She is indeed one lucky young lady!

I missed your earlier post. Just yesterday I was thinking, as I was calling the dogs back into the house, that you never hear moms calling their kids to come home anymore. I remember as a kid playing outside the moms hollering for their various children to come home and eat dinner... never hear that anymore!

Susan R said...

You are too clever. I've been looking for a "NICE" camera to buy. What do you use? I'm looking at a Cannon Rebel TXi (10.1 MP I think).

Suzy said...

I saw these over at the Frau's and I like what you did to them.

I'm sure you know this but deleting a post doesn't work in Google Reader so it's still there. The one about the ex-6th grader.

And I agree with you, everything today just seems more complicated, ugly etc. I'm sure it's a by-product of aging but I don't remember my parents being all weirded out by 'events.' Maybe I just don't remember.

I miss the 6th grade.

kw said...

Thanks Aunt Patty :) Love you too! I can't wait to see you guys!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love them okay I need Photoshop! Wonder if I can buy it online?

Somer Love said...

awesome job! Glad you deleted that crazy guy off of here.... I thought about it if people googled him they would be linked to Preppy Player not something you want to be linked to~

Just have to wish him well and hope he gets the help he needs!

Joyce said...

I'm taking an online class on photoshop. Great job! xo