Sunday, March 28, 2010

By the garden gate...

After our kitchen is finally done my next project/fantasy is our patio and landscaping.  The element I dream about most is the hedge or fencing and especially the garden gate. Ever since reading The Secret
Garden as a child, I have dreamed of a garden gate.

it could be as simple as the one shown above or
as arty and funky as this double gate.
This image is close to most of my day dreams,
whereas this one evokes many memories of our trips to New Orleans and the lush gardens of the garden District.
This image is beachy and romantic.
I would have to say that given our weather and climate this image is the most realistic, although I bet I could train some wisteria to climb up that arbor...

8 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Ooooo they are all so pretty! I love the iron one the best tho! So romantic!

Karen Andre said...

HI,
When you starting that kitchen so we can see the garden?

preppyplayer said...

Looks like May 1st!

Ina in Alaska said...

Oh how exciting the kitchen is going to get under way! Looking forward to the progress and updates. The garden and landscaping will be exciting too and less intrusive than the kitchen. xoxo

Susan R said...

I'm so eager to get into the garden and work some magic. My daffodils are finally coming out.

Flowers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joyce said...

Looks like a the perfect gates to a secret garden. xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

Can't wait to see it! Love secret garden....