Thursday, March 11, 2010

Horse show season upon us...

Most of you know I love being a vendor at Horse shows.
I love the smell of the barns, the saddles, the hay, even the horses!
The vendors are very different and very upscale.
It is a whole other culture. people who are in love with, obsessed with, passionate about horses, ponies, and dogs.
And it is also a group that doesn't have to worry about the economy...
Not a bad group to sell to.
Mostly it is a nice change up for me. I buy differently when I go to market.
I look for "horsey" things- Head bands with bits, umbrellas with jumpers, necklaces with ponies, all with my preppy vibe.
the only potential problem?
Rain.
At the mercy of the weather.
I guess it isn't so different from lacrosse tournaments!

8 comments:

Susan R said...

Ooooooo right up my alley. I'd love to be there.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Good Luck I hope the weather is good for your show.

pve design said...

hey- right up my alley, i adore the horsey set!
are you going to see frau soon, can you hand carry a small package to her for me.
pve

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

I can't believe it's been a year, as you say, graduations, horse shows, spring. I bet you cannot wait until Paris!! :) xoxo

Matty said...

My brother and his wife have a horse farm. They train, keep and sell, and do all the horse shows.

Joyce said...

I was just looking at a pair of frye boots. I love horses. xo

Ronda said...

Boy does time fly! I would love to go to this one. Good luck and good weather.
I like what Joyce said, I want a pair of Fryes too!
Any good tips on Paris yet??
Have a great weekend!
XOXO
P.S. Bee Pollin site??

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

How fun...I love all thing equestrian and miss my horse show days! xx