Saturday, March 20, 2010

The first day of spring and other things...

Finally.
Although I'm not really trusting that we won't have one more snowstorm...

Today I am going to a bridal shower for a girl that is marrying a boy who has been a lifelong friend of my son, his parents are also our good friends.
This is the first wedding, the beginning of the weddings, of our kids friends.
Heck, it is really the first wedding of our friend's kids as well!
Milestones.

Did I tell you I did get an iphone and that,
I LOVE IT?
I really do. Life changer.

Did you know that thanks to the bee pollen stuff that when I went to try on dresses it was fun and that I am now a true size 6?

Can you guess how frustrating it is that my oldest daughter can't play her sport due to her surgery, my youngest daughter can't play hers due to mono,
AND
that my youngest son is out due to Osgood Schlatter ?( a growing syndrome with the knees)
AND
 although we know that none of their ailments are serious or life threatening and that it could be far worse... It is still frustrating because they all have to show up, we had to pay for uniforms, team fees, equipment, fundraisers, and they can't play!!!!
(trust me, we are very aware that they are more frustrated then we are and we feel for them the most, but our wallets hurt too you know!)

Happy birthday to my mother-in-law who we will be celebrating her 75th with this evening.

And to end this random post, I'm on twitter. It's interesting, not as self absorbed as I thought,
 AND
Let me know if you are, I'll follow you!

9 comments:

OHN said...

Ugh. Frustrating sports crap. I have been there, as they sit on the sidelines with my bank account empty.

Oh, and tell your youngest that the OS won't hurt forever. My two older boys have it and now it is more of an inconvenience than anything.

As for me, it is a baby shower today :) The first grandchild for my BIL and his wife. Milestones is right!

I have been told I am a twit, but I don't twitter :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sorry all the kids are have crazy aliments! Happy Birthday to your MIL! Have fun at the bridal shower.

Suburban Princess said...

I am hosting a baby shower in a few weeks - no more wedding for us for a long time I think!

Suzy said...

I'd like to say that I've saved a fortune by not having kids but my shoe collection would beg to differ.

Susan R said...

WHAT?!!!!! Why are you paying for all that when they can't even play? That doesn't make any sense? I may not understand the way team sports work, but just pull them out and don't pay.
I bought my husband an itouch as a Valentine gift (I know...what a sentimental gift) a couple years ago and now I'm wishing I would have bought the iphone instead.
We are not at the wedding stage yet. Our oldest just turned 16, so there better not be any weddings yet.
We just recovered from a big, Spring snow storm, more like a Spring blizzard. Just in time for all the skiers to enjoy a great Spring Break at Breckenridge, Aspen and Vail. I'd like to try Telluride. I hear it's a blast, but not an easy drive.
I planted daffodils a couple of years ago and nothing came of them. Yesterday I looked out the window and there was one lone Daffodil flower on the hill.

Ina in Alaska said...

Yup I am on Twitter (love it!!) and I see we are already following each ohter! So fun! I also started to follow Jill Zarin, I like her.

My friend Tennis Anyone and I take the bee pollen. It is very effective. I still need to send out one capsule to a lab to have the contents analyzed. I am still finding it hard to believe it is all natural .... but it does work. I just take one per day and it allows me to eat like a normal person.

Size 6 - WOW, very impressive. You can buy a killer outfit for the upcoming wedding festivities! You must be as thin as a rail, though.... xoxoxo

mFw said...

The injury thing is hard. Especially having all three out. I was out for a year with golf due to a writs injury but I was only playing high school. Hope they get better soon!

Barrett said...

I feel your pain. We have dealt with surgery, mono and osgood schlatter as well. I love how you still have to run around feeling half crazy getting everybody to their games and practice even when your child isn't able to play.

I tried the Twitter thing. I didn't get it.

I am getting bee pollen ASAP. I haven't had fun trying on dresses since I was looking for my wedding dress.... over 20 years ago!

Somer Love said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better! And can get in the game soon!

Xo