Ah Yes, Christmas collections...
- Santa's on skis
- Christmas villages
- angel ornaments
- snow globes
- inspirational Christmas books
- cookie cutters
- Limoges style Christmas boxes
The madness must stop. Too much. Too much to put out, too much to put away. I love how it looks when half is out, but when it is all out- my home is starting to resemble a store. Here is some advice if you do not want this to happen to you, if you do not want to be a slave to stuff.
- Do not EVER tell anyone you have a collection or what you would like to collect. (especially snowmen or women)
- Do not get caught up in the habit of buying something for your collection whenever you travel.
- Do not start any of your children on a collection, at least while they live under the same roof.
- Do not raise sentimental traditionalists that insist that every single, solitary Christmas item owned must be put out every Christmas or "it wouldn't feel like Christmas!"
Now, if you love your collections and adore Christmas clutter, disregard my rant and do follow all my don'ts... because I PROMISE you will get more STUFF!