Saturday, October 17, 2009

What more could happen?

Ode to a Lacrosse Tournament

Spent all day packing my truck,
was running late without any luck.
Got on the road, the rain was pelting,
3 and 1/2 hours white knuckle driving.
Thinking about all the money I'd make,
seeing vendor friends as sweet as cake.
One half hour before I see my hotel,
I get a bad call on my fricking cell.
Tournament canceled.

Lame poem for a lame tourney weekend.  
Of course I bought a lot of cool stuff that I couldn't wait to debut.
And, I had to pay for my hotel. So, I slept over and made the 4 hour drive BACK home this morning.
Folks, this has NOT been a good week.
Upside?
 No Jersey housewives in that part of Maryland. 
Although a Mennonite lady aggressively passed me in her little Honda Accord. I thought they didn't drive cars, just horses...

4 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Perhaps she was fleeing from something...... wow Preppy, your week has been interesting. Settle down and enjoy a nice glass of wine and let it all go... xoxo

OHN said...

Wow. Go to bed and hopefully tomorrow when you wake up, the bad week will be over!

We have a ton of Mennonite and Amish where we live (hubby does quite a bit of business with a few families) and the new order Amish (typically Mennonite) have electric, drive, etc. The old order, with the black clothes and buggies are the more strict. The only electric they have for their shops, comes from gasoline powered generators.

Oh, the stories I could tell you!!

Her Preppiness said...

Sorry!! I cannot wait to get my new bag in the mail.

Susan said...

OH NO... what a bummer! I'm forever fascinated by Amish, Mennonite, Mormon, etc...
Hope you made it home safely..and HOW your car was PACKED!!!