Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple picking accomplished

Or is it accomplished apple picking? I think our gang did a beautiful job.
My husband, the three Musketeers and I set out Sunday morning to get us some apples!
We drove an hour north along the Hudson river, up in New York State.
 ( that's what people say around here to differentiate from NYC. Sounds kind of silly when you say it with other states. Like, I don't say I'm going down to Maryland state...)
It was a beautiful morning and a lovely drive. Although there was a big cleanup once we reached our destination. I think it was Aramis or perhaps Athos who vomited all over the backseat as we entered the parking lot.  He felt fine and after we rinsed out the car we went picking!
For some reason the bees are not bad this year because normally Sept/Oct. we are inundated, especially with fruit all over the ground!
You can't even guess that one of these Musketeers had just vomited ALL over, can you?

Not one bit.
And thank goodness because the tractor ride over to the fields was one bumpy journey!

This pumpkin patch had us laughing as it is just a bunch of pumpkins placed in a field. there were no vines.  We imagined that the people that come in from NYC to get a dose of country now think that this is how pumpkins actually grow.
Nothing like a tractor ride on a beautiful autumn day- 

8 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Fun day...so are you making apple pie? or Apple muffins?

Susan said...

Glad NO yellow jackets...we went ONCE, everyone was stung...it was a disaster... looks like a fun day, we were in Poughkeepsie, beautiful day! Happy Baking!

OHN said...

Ha! the pumpkins with no vines cracked me up. The "city slickers" probably didn't even know the difference :)

So was it carsickness? Yuk. The smell of vomit makes me want to!

It's nice saboteur can take a good photo ;)

Paula@SweetPea said...

It sounds like a very fun way to spend a Saturday!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I made delish (if I do say so myself ;-) apple crisp from the apples I got at the local orchard last week. This post is making me want to go back for more. :-)

the Preppy Princess said...

This looks like such a great time Miss Preppy Player, and the weather was perfect! It is like a photo that would be used on a calendar, it's that perfect!

So glad you had a good time!
tp

Ina in Alaska said...

What fun! and no sabateuring!! Hope the ride back was uneventful.

Formerly known as Frau said...

hey go to my blog I have a award for you and you better do it!! It's easy and fun! End of story! love ya