Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Etiquette question...

So what is the proper response when you are playing tennis or in my case, platform tennis, and someone hits you with an overhead-not once, not twice, but THREE times?!!
I came in for the short ball, had to pop it up and was walloped!
 I tell you- it was more of an effort for her to hit me than to avoid me.
I am no novice and this women is a fine player... I'm positive she was trying to keep me off the net, to intimidate me. She also has a reputation for doing this to others.
What would you have said to her?
if you tell me, I'll tell you what I said :)
PS We kicked their butt!

5 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Glad you won. Karma! I would just be aware of her tricks but don't stoop to her level. There are enough Divas in this sport. I don't know anything about platform tennis. I enjoy tennis (doubles only).

10NISNE1 said...

I have never played platform tennis, but if I were playing doubles and someone hit me three times on purpose, I would have nailed them with my return of serve when they were at the net. Unfortunately, I would have not taken the high road, as I am too aggressive of a player. ;o) As those of us who play tennis know, the tennis communities can be like a trip back in time to high school.

preppyplayer said...

Well... they gave my partner a blooper over the net, she ran up and instead of slamming it at the girl right in front of her, she brushed the ball between them. The girl who HIT me repeatedly said, "thanks for saving my partner's teeth." The next point the girl who hit me slammed an overhead at my partner, barely missing her.
THEN, I said, Hey! Watch out for my partners teeth!!! She apologized. I didn't stick up for myself, but I will always stick up for my partner!

Leciawp said...

I second Ina's comment - glad you won!

preppyplayer said...

And yes, 10nisne1... sometimes it really is like highschool, bullies and all.

I think Ina is right too. And I was sure glad we won!