Sunday, November 23, 2008

100 interesting and amazing things about ....

I have been challenged by my niece to name 100 things about me. I have enjoyed reading my sister's, Katelyn's and Ina's, so here goes:
  1. I have been married 24 years.
  2. I was born with two teeth.
  3. I love to read.
  4. I am an avid tennis player.
  5. I am addicted to platform tennis.
  6. I love babies
  7. I hate when certain people rub their knives and forks together-bad sound.
  8. I am a ski instructor.
  9. I have lived on my own since I was 19 years-old.
  10. I went to college in Florida
  11. I was a bartender for many years.
  12. My favorite color is green.
  13. Coffee with milk, only.
  14. Cooking relaxes me.
  15. Cannot sing, but love to.
  16. I use to hitchhike a lot-don't tell my kids!
  17. I wear a lot of black or very colorful clothes... no in-between.
  18. I am a francophile.
  19. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities, before and after Katrina.
  20. I know NYC like the back of my hand.
  21. I feel as though Utah is my second home.
  22. I sneak cookies.
  23. Yoga is my favorite luxury.
  24. I can still do cartwheels.
  25. I consider myself VERY intuitive.
  26. We eat very healthy, or as my older son said, "When did you all start eating all this crazy ass food?!!"
  27. My husband is one of my best friends and has been since I am sixteen.
  28. I love going anywhere and doing anything VIP.
  29. I cried my first day in Paris because it took me until I was forty to get there.
  30. I enjoy chick flicks.
  31. Although I listen to music when working or while cooking, I rarely play music while driving. I usually meditate.
  32. My favorite show is TrueBlood.
  33. My best friend committed suicide when we were in our twenties. I was so sad. I had a dream where she comforted me and when I woke up... I was in complete understanding and was never sad again. One of the most surreal experiences of my life.
  34. I have a glass of red wine most evenings.
  35. I like to light a scented candle while I cook dinner.
  36. Massage is important to me.
  37. I still miss Seattle.
  38. My husband makes us coffee every morning and I am always grateful.
  39. I love when all my children are under one roof.
  40. I can read french, but barely speak it.
  41. I did not have acne as a teenager, but did in my early forties!
  42. When I was 17 I saved for two months to buy Frye boots.
  43. I consider myself very independent.
  44. I am the eldest of five daughters.
  45. I still cannot watch anything about 9/11 without sobbing.
  46. I love the Jersey shore.
  47. I always splurge on shoes, always.
  48. I cry at parades when the Vets march by.
  49. I always miss my Mom and Dad when they leave.
  50. I only shop out of necessity, but when on vacation, I love to shop!
  51. I collect images of stars.
  52. My husband and I dance well together.
  53. My favorite season is autumn.
  54. I wish on stars.
  55. I like to vent.
  56. I need the sound of a fan to get to sleep.
  57. My sister's snoring is one of my worst memories of childhood. (we shared a room)
  58. I am not impressed by wealth.
  59. I am impressed by achievements.
  60. I say a prayer whenever I am on top of a mountain.
  61. My friends are important to me.
  62. My family is the most important thing to me.
  63. I read the paper every morning.
  64. I check my email VERY often.
  65. I love owning my own business.
  66. I prefer funny people.
  67. I do not tolerate bullies.
  68. My book group is important to me.
  69. I wish I could freeze the ages of my children.
  70. I collect snowmen.
  71. I like to hike.
  72. I hate being late, but I am.
  73. I wear head bands a lot.
  74. I never turn on the TV if it is light out.
  75. Soup and a salad is a meal I could have every day.
  76. I am a registered Republican, consider myself a conservative democrat.
  77. I am a liberal Catholic.
  78. I do not understand prejudice.
  79. Music inspires me.
  80. I nursed each child.
  81. I love when my kids talk in their sleep.
  82. I admire my husband.
  83. My daughters understand me.
  84. My sons appreciate me
  85. I do not like to drive long distances.
  86. I told my mother I was going to marry my husband when I was sixteen, the night I met him. (more than intuition!)
  87. I like little dogs.
  88. Cats scare me, mine included.
  89. I have had nightmares about tidal waves all my life. (what does that mean?)
  90. I love blue eyes.
  91. I am an optimistic person.
  92. The room must be pitch black for me to sleep in it.
  93. I plan on being a vegetarian in the future.
  94. I want to live in the country some day.
  95. I love dark chocolate with almonds.
  96. My husband nurtures me.
  97. My favorite book is The Red Tent.
  98. Organizing things relaxes me.
  99. I hate to clean but love a clean house.
  100. I always feel lucky and blessed.

11 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow that was an amazing list! Fun discovering something new about someone you have known your whole life. I thought for sure one would be may favorite sister is Kathy!
Hee Hee

preppyplayer said...

I don't want the others to be jealous.

kw said...

I also thought that "Katelyn is my favorite niece" would for sure be on the list! Hehe
You did a good job and I learned a bunch about you!! :)
xo

Leciawp said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting list! It's nice to know you so much better. I can tell that you are a woman who appreciates her life and has a lot of gratitude - I admire that.

Tina said...

Great list! I agree with you on so many of these!

preppyplayer said...

Thanks Lecia.
Welcome Tina, thanks for visiting and commenting.
I love your food photography.

Caffeine Court said...

Wow. It sounds like you have such a wonderful life!

I especially love your relationship with your husband. It's great to hear that you have been in love for so long. That's so rare these days!

preppyplayer said...

Thanks Jill. I do feel lucky most days.
And I know you do too with your new little doggie!

Ina in Alaska said...

Loved your list. I have LOTS in common with you! I have heard from a psychic that when you dream about someone who has died who was special to you during their lifetime, it is truly a visit from that person. Thanks for sharing. It is great to know your favorite bloggers better!

Unknown said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog, and read you list. I too, have so many things in common with you! Married my high school sweetheart, lived together 4 years, got married when we were 21 in 1981. I love also when my kids are under the same roof, Frye boots, True Blood, and about 95% of the rest of the list! Live in good ol' Pa, still with my hubby, mini poodle Stella, and my 23 year old son John Jr. I love your blog and will be back daily to check in.
P.S. My first concert was also the Rolling Stones in '74.
Take care, Ronda

preppyplayer said...

Hi Ronda!
I just happened to notice your comment and I'm glad I did! Thanks for visiting. I will put a shout out to you on a post to make sure you know I appreciated your comment. It does sound like we have lived a parallel life!