Tuesday, October 14, 2008

serendiptity


Serendipity: 
the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for      
     I was at the New York gift show last month looking for new products for my web site and when I vend on the road. As I was going down the aisles looking for sports related items two nice ladies stopped me and offered me a sample of their skin product. I politely declined telling them that I didn't sell beauty items and not to waste their samples on me. They were so nice and instead of being discouraged, insisted I take some anyway. I did, threw it in my purse and went on my way. A couple of week later I noticed it in my bag after a paddle game, I realized it was hand sanitizer and decided to try it. It was great! It smelled so good and didn't dry out my hands. I assumed it was done and was about to throw it out, but threw it in my bag again.
Later on I was cleaning out my bag and realized there was still product-read the package and found that there was 10 applications in each little pack! I started thinking... maybe this product was sports related. Maybe it would be a perfect item to have in a gym, tennis, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, ( you get the picture) bag! I went to the web site and was even more jazzed. 
PS, I now sell Jao on the road and hope to have it on my web site as a "Must Have" for any sport's bag! Now that's serendipity!

1 comment:

Leciawp said...

I've got to get some! I keep purell in both cars and sometimes in a bag, but it smells bad and dries out my hands.