Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to school night... as in plural

So I was at Back to School Night this evening. 
And although I do think it is important to go- my children love to hear the feedback on their classrooms and teachers, the teachers like to see the parents, I like to attach names to faces and see what the coming year is all about, and our school does a great job...  
(See chart above, all points followed by our district.)

I did find myself bored to tears. I felt like a caged animal and we only met with each teacher for nine minutes! But then I got to thinking.

Hmmm... How many back to school nights have I been to?
Well, counting nursery school and kindergarten for each child of mine...

70 Back to School Nights!!!!

No wonder I felt locked in one big Deja vu.


( image from the site of Gary S. Stager)

5 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

OMG 70!! Wow! I'd skip it been there done that. Kevin is a great student I think you have no worries there.

OHN said...

HA! I am right with you there! This year, they are having the "meet the teacher" night after the kids have been back for a week or so. I still haven't decided how I am going to trick BigD into going instead of me;)

Suburban Princess said...

WOW 70!? I think it is ok to miss a few - you already know the drill!

kw said...

Wow. 70 times. You could probably run them now!

Joyce said...

70!!! I do hope you treated yourself my friend. The question is how many more ahead? xoxo