Friday, July 24, 2009

Who Knew? Pinnies.

I am at the last lacrosse tournament of the season, (for me) and it is a boy/girl tournament in Brick, NJ- 
Best of the Beach.
Doesn't that sound good?
And it is a wonderful tourney.
I love when I learn something new and I did today.
Apparently, pinnies are very important, collectibles really. Much sought after.
Guys wear them at the beach. They acquire them at camps, steal them from friends or trade them at tournaments.
Hmmmm. I wonder if this could cross over to the girls?
Did you know about this?

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure i'm showing my ignorance and age...but my ONLY memory of "pinnies" is gym class! LOL

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

I had no idea, but my sister plays lacrosse and seems to own a lot of pinnies, however, I don't think she collects them. My dad used to run track and gave me a lot of his really cool pinnies he used to wear, they are great to work out in

Ina in Alaska said...

Ah... Brick, my home base when I am in Jersey.... say hello to my sister for me.....

OHN said...

No, but I am betting S3 would snap up a Hopkins one in a heartbeat :) He has dreams of playing there...but KNOWS they are just dreams :)

Joyce said...

Have fun my friend! xoxo

the Preppy Princess said...

We didn't know they were considered collectible, that's a new one on us!

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend,
tp

Ronda said...

Those are classics! I know my son would want one. I love your header. There is a bamboo forest here in Maryland. You can only get there by boat.
I hope you are having a great summer, and are getting some r&r!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hey do you know where i could purchase one of those college lacrosse pinnies?! :)

preppyplayer said...

I would say on ebay... they are so popular now that no decent laxer would give up their vintage pinnies.
However, soemtimes stores have excess and sell them cheap. you will see less and less of that though. Pinnies R huge right now!