Thursday, July 30, 2009

This makes me happy...

So you must know that I am an avid tennis player and nothing makes me more happy than having my children enjoy what I enjoy.
This kid has improved tremendously.  This is his second year playing on our club's Jr. tennis team. I love talking to him after his matches. It is a common bond we have.
I like that he is learning "tennis manners" and etiquette from his team experience.
We always have a lot to talk about regarding strategy and he loves to share stories about his opponents.
So far I can still beat him, but I don't know how much longer that will last.
And that makes me happy too.

4 comments:

OHN said...

My most joyful times are watching my boys do something they love to do. It may sound old fashioned but it feels like I have succeeded when my kids do. I DO have my own identity but being mom is part of it and it fills my heart.

Anonymous said...

I love it too when J goes to tennis practice- and hey is your son playing against a 20 year old? GOSH HE's HUGE! no fair!

Formerly known as Frau said...

So cool! He is pretty awesome probably be kicking your ass soon!! Heehee!

Caffeine Court said...

As you know, I am a huge fan of the game and look forward to the day I can play with my girls!

Love the tennis whites!