Either way, I am happy that the official beginning of summer, Memorial Day, is upon us.
Here are some reasons:
1. I can wear white without feeling like a rule breaker!
2. I love Memorial Day parades, I cry every time I watch one.
3. Only day it is patriotically acceptable to go to our firehouse at 11 am to eat hot dogs and drink beer. ( town tradition at parade's end.)
4. Wear that flag belt, shirt, flip flops, and hat without feeling silly.
5. See all the old folks in town and catch up.
6. Most importantly, to remember and appreciate those that have fought and died for our freedom. And, to pray for the return of those who now serve.