Our transition from college dorm life to back in the family fold.
The reason I say, our, is that this transition period is toughest on those of us that live here, year round.
Here are the reasons:
1. When people come stumbling in at 2 or 3 in the morning, speaking loudly as if it is the middle of the day...I wake up and have found it hard to get back to sleep. My husband suggested ear plugs. I suggest changing locks.
2. The never ending meal. We make breakfast, then clean up. Certain people then get up,make breakfast, barely cleanup...as we are now making lunch. We then clean up and an hour later, people are making lunch and so on. ( see past post on the myth of Sisyphus.)
3. Laundry- Do I have to paint THAT picture?
4. Wet towels on carpet. Some ( certain people) may say I am irrational about it, but I do not want mildew or mold in my house! Do NOT leave your wet towels on my floors for days on end!!!!! ( end of rant)
5. Back to food, I think I have all the accoutrement for a glorious weekend lunch, go to make it and come to find out... that... it was used for A DELICIOUS MIDNIGHT (2 am) SNACK!!!!
6. Here is the final coup de grace- Last night, I came home from driving Becky to a sweet sixteen, My husband and Kevin were at the movies, people were out...
I have the entire, quiet house to myself.
I picture an evening with my computer, wine, and slippers, ahhhh.
So, I get in my jammies, go into the kitchen to pour a glass of my favorite Merlot and?
SOMEONE, certain people had left a quarter inch of wine in the bottle!
Why bother? Who does that?