Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

This beautiful boy, my nephew, was in a terrible ski accident today.
His back is broken and he has some crushed vertebrae.
Thank God he is alive, can move, and will heal.

And thank God he had his helmet on.
He always does.

He is an amazing skier, very skilled. He was skiing with his buddies up at Snowbird, Utah when he was cut off by another skier or boarder, he became airborne and hit a tree.
Luckily ski patrol was nearby and was able to brace him and then rush him to the hospital.

My poor sister and brother-in-law. That had to be one of the worst phone calls to receive.
They were able to rush to the hospital right away.
Please say a prayer for him and that he has a quick recovery.
And please say a prayer for his family as I know they are sick with worry.
We love him so much and feel so helpless being so far away.
I wish I could be there to comfort my sister and help somehow....
Thoughts and prayers and lots of texts and phone calls will have to do.

He is a senior in high school, an accomplished swimmer, a stellar student, a wonderful son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend.
I am so glad and thankful that we still have him.
And I am so glad he always wears his helmet.

18 comments:

Life Laugh Latte said...

I am so sorry. Seriously...I won't leave this post until I've been on my knees for him. Praying for healing and courage to walk thru that pain. Holly

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

I will definitely be keeping him in my thoughts!!!!!!! xoxox

Susan R said...

God is good, he will make everything right in his own time. We will add him to our prayers. So many in need of prayers right now it seems. I appreciate your comments, prayers and friendship. Best wishes to your nephew and his family.

Somer Love said...

Prayers and positive healing thoughts headed his way!

SIS Beth said...

Hi Home from Hospital and going to bed. Just a Thank you for your post on Jordan. He is stable and Jeff is at the hospital with him tonight. You are correct on the HELMET. It saved his life. It is cracked and has bark from the tree in it. We are praying. thanks. Love your Sis

Joyce said...

Oh Patty I will for sure. I truly do include all of my blog friends request in my prayer.I am thankful too he is alive. My heart goes out to your nephew, your sister brother in law and the whole family. Many hugs coming your way my friend. xo

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm sick with worry about him. I wish I was there for them. I know he is a strong boy but my heart is aching.

Paula@SweetPea said...

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I hope that he heals quickly.

Yvette said...

Poor thing. My prayers for him and your family.

justme said...

i am soo sorry, i am sending many prayers ...hugs.

Ronda said...

I just saw this on Frau's post. My heart and prayers go out to your whole family. Helmets are so crucial, he is a smart boy! Big hugs for you all!!
XOXO

the Preppy Princess said...

Oh Miss Preppy, what a shame, he is clearly an outstanding young man, and I know your children also must be worried sick about him. Thank heaven he had the helmet on.

I know it is hard to be worried about a loved one far away, my heart goes out to you and the Frau, in addition to SIS Beth, and your entire family.

Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers,
tp

preppyplayer said...

Whomever I wasn't able to reach personally, please accept our family's thanks and appreciation for your good thoughts and prayers.

Susan said...

So, so scary. Yes, thank God he had on his helmut...and a strong boy. Praying for him and all the family...keep us posted!

Her Preppiness said...

Please know that we are praying for your sister and her family.

OHN said...

That call had to be like a kick in the gut. I hope he is back in great condition very soon. His age and athleticism are certainly on his side!!

Thinking about all of you!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad he will be OK. What a scary thing for your family. I've been arguing with my husband and older son about helmets for a week. They are going skiing over spring break.
Keep us updated.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.