Saturday, December 26, 2009

The morning after...

Today is my official slug day.
I do not shop for deals.
I do not return items.
I do not cook or clean.
I do not carpool.
I do not do much of anything.

After months of running around for my business, weeks of preparing for Christmas, decorating and cooking with my adrenaline pumping...
I basically hit the wall the morning after.
No energy or motivation for much of anything.

It's not the Christmas blues. I feel content and accomplished. I feel as though I have closure for an amazing last 12 months.
It's just that I need to regroup and build a new supply of energy.

I will read.
I will blog.
I will watch TV with my kids.
I may go to Avatar. ( if someone else drives)
I will take leftovers out of the fridge,
I may get dressed, I may not.

I will tell you this,
It's a good day!

9 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Me too! I do not believe in shopping on the 26th. I believe in relaxing and grazing on leftovers. Its fabulous! And pajama pants are welcome. :)

Suburban Princess said...

Amen sistah! Tho I will stumble across the street to a friend's house for a drink and nibblies in lieu of making dinner!

OHN said...

The fact that it is 2:47 pm and I am still in my jammies, indicates I am in a similar mode.

We are out of milk and if anyone wants any THEY can go to the store :)

Susan R said...

Very good........I think we are all on the same page here. Went to the movies with two of my boys. Don't plan on doing much of anything else. SHOPPING????......(excuse the language) Hell No! There are no deals good enough on the face of this earth that would entice me to shop or go near a mall. Enjoy your day.

What Kate Wore said...

Good for you Miss Preppy, it sounds like a beautiful thing indeed. May the rest of the weekend be equally relaxing!
Christmas hugs to you,
tp

Unknown said...

Exactly what I did, as well. I did not want to do a thing! I'm shopped and cooked out. I took a shower last night and went with the family to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a hockey game and tried not to gripe. When we left the husband questioned whether or not I had changed clothes. Yes I had. I just put on clean sweats. I can't believe I went out of the house looking like that, ha!

Barrett said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! I just wish someone would have given me pants with an elastic waist for Christmas. My jeans are killing me these days!

Caffeine Court said...

Love it! You've earned it. Happy New Year. If you're ever near Rumson in 2010 look me up!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

I did the same--sister. No returns or sales for me!