Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Un-happy Anniversaries...

Every generation, country, region, family, or person has one-or many.

Today is bad for many of us.
Because of where we live or who we knew, the pain is lurking,

I went outside this morning and was automatically relieved that the beautiful day of twelve years ago was not repeated- the crisp air, the azure colored sky, the bright beautiful sun of that day was no where to be found today.

It is hot, humid, and sunny and I am glad- because whenever the weather is most perfect?
I am transported back to that terrible day. Similar to when I hear a song from the summer of 1977 and I am on the beach in Pt. Pleasant, NJ. I swear I can almost taste the salt air just from hearing a song from that time.

I still cannot watch any documentaries or TV specials regarding 9/11.
It isn't the visuals that get to me...
I can't listen to the broadcasts, the 911 calls from the towers, the interviews of families searching for their loved ones.
The pain of that day comes back immediately, powerfully.

So today, like every other September 11th since 2001, I say silent prayers through out the day. I remember those who perished and mostly?

I pray it never happens again.







2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I totally agree it is a day I wish we don't have to remember but still so strong in our hearts and memories.

Pigtown*Design said...

the weather that day was more perfect than could have been believed. i remember driving to the office that morning and thinking that it would have been a perfect day to be in NYC.

xoxo