Wednesday, June 4, 2014

An Equine score!




A lot of you know that I sell at a market in New Hope, Pa. It is called Rice's Market and has been around forever- 100 consecutive years!

I get up at 4:45am, (for real!) and drive about an hour and a half to one of the most beautiful areas of Pennsylvania, Bucks county. I sell items that I need to get rid of, that are off season or that I am sick of carrying. It is always a fun day.

After I set up, about 7am, I run over to the middle aisle where all the "used" vendors sell. There are folks selling junk, sellouts of stores, end of auctions, and some actual antique dealers that like to come now and then.

It is always a treasure hunt. ( My husband would disagree. But remember, my best day and his worst day in Paris was spent at Les Puces (The Fleas )



A couple of weeks ago I had my best find yet! I found this beautiful horse that is very heavy, very solid. I knew it would look perfect for display in my booth at the horse shows I sell at... and it was!

It cost me $75 and it is worth every penny. Many new customers came into my booth because of the conversations about "my" horse :)

3 comments:

Ron said...

What a great find!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Formerly known as Frau said...

I love it on display.....did anyone at your horse shows offer to buy it?