Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Willi's Wine Bar, Paris

In 2000 my husband and I went to Paris for the first time.
I cried.
I cried because I couldn't believe I had waited so long. I should have spent my twenties in Paris.



I knew that I wanted to bring home reminders of our trip.
A Hermes scarf perhaps? A limoges box? Or a Longchamp bag?
Nope.
Way too much money and we would rather spend that money on the amazing french wine and food!
We also decided that most anything you could buy in Paris... we had in America.


 So, we were on a quest. We ended up bringing back French stationery and greeting cards-
Happy Birthday looks so much better when written Bon Anniversaire!
I also brought back linens which, surprisingly, were much better priced than at home.

Our biggest score or coup were these posters we brought back. 
Willi's Wine Bar is a Brit owned bistro in the Bourse area of Paris that we loved. Every year they commission a different artist to create a poster commemorating wine and Willi's.

THE perfect souvenir to bring home.
What is an added bonus?
The posters that we bought for $24 thirteen years ago?
Now sell for $150.00 to $300.00.

Quelle chance sommes-nous?

1 comment:

kks said...

great story! and i love the posters!
xoxo